Our department works directly with our Hispanic conference directors to coordinate, consult, assist and provide resources for mission-focused ministry programs.
To support local conferences and their Hispanic pastors in fulfilling the Great Commission of Jesus Christ.
- There are 105 Hispanic churches & companies being served by 40 Hispanic pastors
- Provided evangelistic appropriations for the Hispanic work in the amount of $200,000
- Hispanic Capital Funding has assisted several churches in acquiring and remodeling church buildings in the amount of $310,000
- 2016: 13,731
- 2017: 14,257
- 2018: 14,627
- 2019: 15,144
- 2020: 15,271
|New Groups||Total Churches|
- Baptisms — Membership grew from 12,456 to 15,271 in this quinquennium, with 2,815 baptisms during this period. Presently Hispanic members represent 15.3% of the NPUC membership.
- New Work — 26 new companies and churches were established
- Real Estate — Seven church buildings were purchased with the assistance of the union capital funds
- Stewardship — Tithe grew to $4,784,400.08 in the last five years
- Marriage Retreat — A marriage retreat took place in Portland with 225 couples in attendance
- Advisory — Aided conferences in the process of vetting and hiring pastors and church workers — Mentorship and counseling was provided to pastors and family members
- Plant 40 new churches in the next five years
- Increase by 50% lay participation in preaching, training and baptisms
- The new matrix for evangelism growth is mission-focused disciples who are involved in fulfilling Christ’s commission
- Purchase of 10 new church buildings
- Purchase of Buildings — Acquire resources to purchase new places of worship in a frenzied market
- Adventist Education — Identify resources to facilitate Christian education for children and young people so they can adopt the vision and mission of our Adventist movement
- Mission Focused Disciples — Implement practical methods to train and equip mission-focused pastors and laity