If you would like to submit an article for the Gleaner, send the information to the Production Manager.
Click on the appropriate family announcement form below to fill out and submit to be printed and web published with the Gleaner. Family announcements are printed free of charge as space becomes available.
An expanded obituary includes room for a short bio (150–200 words) and photo, to be published in the Gleaner once payment of $325 is received. For more information, email email@example.com or call 360.857.7200.
Articles and Event Announcements
Submit articles with photos and event announcements through the contact form or mail a printed hard copy to Gleaner, 5709 N 20th St., Ridgefield, WA 98642.
- Jan/Feb 2023 issue: deadline Nov. 8, 2022
- Mar/Apr 2023 issue: deadline Jan. 17, 2023
- May/Jun 2023 issue: deadline March 14, 2023
- July/Aug 2023 issue: deadline May 23, 2023
- Sept/Oct 2023 issue: deadline July 25, 2023
- Nov/Dec 2023 issue: deadline Sept. 19, 2023
- Jan/Feb 2024 issue: deadline Nov. 7, 2023
Wondering how to send your images to the Gleaner? Here are a few tips to help get the highest quality images available.
For questions about writing articles for the Gleaner (style, length, photos, etc.), download Write for the Gleaner.
Be sure to include three to four photos with each article. Each digital photo should be hi-res (300 dpi) in a JPG format and include a descriptive caption.
Photo release: If pictures were taken in a public place, (ie: church, public hall, outdoors) you don't need to get a signed photo release. However, if the picture includes minors, was taken in a public school, it gets into some gray area and a signed photo release would be helpful. For images that need a photo release, please use this Model Photo Release.
If requested, we will remove photos from this website when one of the following criteria are met:
- There is clear evidence that a photo is a violation of copyright.
- There is clear evidence provided for a need for personal safety.