Mix up your Super Bowl game day menu with this nutritious bowl recipe that is filled with grains, legumes, veggies and more.
Layer your favorite selections from the list below to create your bowl:
- Cooked grains: Quinoa, steamed rice, farro, millet, amaranth or couscous are all healthy base layers for your bowl. Follow the cooking instructions on the package.
- Cooked legumes: Use edamame, lentils, garbanzo beans, black beans, red beans, peas, fava beans or any other legume you enjoy!
- Veggies: The options are nearly endless for layering your favorite veggies. Try bell peppers, bok choy, purple yams, squash, kale, spinach, cabbage, avocado, tomatoes, cauliflower, carrots or any other veggies you can think of. Steam, roast, grill or bake veggies for extra flavor depth.
- Toppings: Top your Super Bowl with tofu, tempeh, nuts, seeds or any other favorites.
- Secret sauce: Drizzle with a mixture of tahini, fresh-squeezed lemon juice and olive oil or any other vinaigrette dressing of your choice.
Recipe provided by Adventist Health