The Gleaner 2024 Images of Creation photo contest is officially open for photo submissions. Winning images are featured online and in our printed magazine, the Gleaner/NWAdventists. Submit your best photos today!
Images of Creation Photo Contest Rules:
Vertical photos (up to 7 digital entries) may be submitted for consideration to be featured on page two of the Gleaner magazine. Winning entries for the print edition of the Gleaner will receive $250 per photo. Each winning photo will also appear online within the corresponding archived issue of the magazine and in an online Gleaner/NWAdventists gallery. They may also be included in Gleaner/NWAdventists social media posts along with protective watermarks.
Horizontal photos (up to 14 digital entries) may be submitted for consideration to be featured on NWAdventists.com as Photo of the Week. The photographer’s name and a link to his/her website (optional) will be displayed with the Photo of the Week. The winning photos will receive $25 per photo and also be featured in an online Gleaner gallery. Winning photos may be included in Gleaner/NWAdventists social media posts along with protective watermarks. Any horizontal photos submitted may also be included in a preliminary web-based gallery to allow individuals to go online to vote for favorite images as part of the selection process for Photo of the Week. Those images will also include protective watermarks.
Specific rules and tips:
- Only images of nature scenes taken in Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon and Washington will be considered.
- Winning entries from past years are no longer eligible for submission. No more than two photos from any one photographer will be selected as winners for the print edition of the Gleaner.
- Photos must be at least 2000px by 2600px and approximately 2MB or larger.
- Winning photos will be tack sharp in resolution with little noticeable grain.
- Photos should be submitted as JPG files.
- All entries must be in high resolution digital format. Slides or prints will not be accepted.
- Photos that include the photographer’s own watermark, digital logo or signature as an indelible part of the file will not be accepted. Be assured that your artistic property will be protected in any public online presentation by the Gleaner watermark and in web resolution only.
- The Gleaner will not provide public use of submitted photos to any other entity without the written permission of the photographer unique to a specific request.
- Photos that include people or humanly-produced objects as a predominant feature will not generally be accepted.
- Black and white photos will not be considered.
- Photos with obvious or unnatural appearing HDR or post editing of contrast and colors will not be considered.
- Each photo must include a caption, title and location.
Entries may be submitted online at the Gleaner/NWAdventists' Photo Contest page.
Final selection of both vertical and horizontal image winners will be at the discretion of the Gleaner staff.
The deadline for entries is Friday, Nov. 10, 2023.