SAGE Celebrates 10 Years
The Washington Conference seniors organization, Seniors in Action for God with Excellence (SAGE), celebrated its 10th anniversary in June. SAGE has consistently presented a balanced program of service, fellowship, fun and spiritual development that has inspired other conferences to develop their own SAGE organizations. The Oregon, Upper Columbia and Minnesota conferences have SAGE chapters, and Arizona, Potomac, British Columbia and Northern California are considering following suit.
SAGE has accomplished a lot in its 10 years in the Washington Conference:
• Completed numerous building, repair and clean-up projects during annual Sunset Lake work bees.
• Donated money and labor for projects at Auburn Adventist Academy.
• Donated labor and cash for 13 church or school building and remodeling projects.
• Spent three weeks working on building projects at the Historic Adventist Village in Battle Creek, Mich.
• Twelve churches built and numerous others painted in Mexico, Panama, El Salvador, Venezuela, Costa Rica, Honduras, India, Dominican Republic and Cuba.
SAGE has also ministered to seniors’ needs for friends and fellowship by providing one-day outings and extended sightseeing tours.
Recently a team of 31 SAGE members returned from building their second church in Hato Mayor, Dominican Republic.
As Al Griffone, one of the enthusiastic members of the mission-building team, said, “It was incredibly obvious that God built a church, and He allowed us to help. What an honor and a privilege! Our mission trips have allowed me to see that God has a global plan to save His people. I can hardly wait for our 2005 mission trip to Peru next January. Nothing will stop me from the joy of working for God.”